CeDUR Shakes - Polyurethane Cedar Shake Roofing Material
- No risk of fire
- Authentic wood shake look
- Environmentally friendly polyurethane roofing material
- Beautiful thickness and stunning depth
- 5", 7", and 12" width provides the classic wood shake look
- No special tools or accessories needed during installation
- Class 4 Impact Rating - the best in the industry
- Class A Fire Rating - the best in the industry
- 50 Year Limited Material Warranty
CeDUR - the best cedar shake alternative
When looking for a cedar wood shake alternative CeDUR is your best choice. CeDUR roofs provide the authentic natural beauty of cedar wood shakes with no splitting, rotting, cracking, risk of fire, or constant maintenance. We manufacture the best composite synthetic shake shingles in the industry.
CeDUR shakes offer the same aesthetic appeal of hand split cedar shake. Our shakes are molded from real cedar, meaning our grain patterns, shadow lines, and texture are true to life. CeDUR shakes may be installed in a straight course or staggered course. Our shakes are available in three widths which adds authentic wood beauty and stunning curb appeal to your home.
AUTHENTIC WOOD BEAUTY
Our Polyurethane manufacturing process allows CeDUR shakes to be solid throughout, meaning there is no hollow back or cavity back on the under side of the product. Just like hand split cedar shakes each shake is 3/4" inch thick at the butt end, this creates incredible depth and texture and makes CeDUR virtually indistunguishable from real wood shakes.
- Extreme fire resistance (reaches 1,400 degrees and product does not ignite)
- State-of-the-Art Polyurethane Manufacturing Process
- Very light weight (just 170 pounds per square)
- Class 4 Impact Rating (best rating in the industry)
- Class A Fire Rating (best rating in the industry)
- Certified to 115 mph wind speeds
- 50 Year Limited Material Warranty
CeDUR starter, also known as the starter course, is necessary to begin your CeDUR installation.
3 SIZES | 48+ MOLDS
Our solid through 5", 7", and 12" shakes in 48+ molds create the most beautiful natural wood appearance and a unique variation of shakes in each bundle. Our molds are randomized daily so every bundle is unique.
HIP & RIDGE
3 SIZES | CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE
Low Ridge - pitch 4:12 - 7:12
Medium Ridge - pitch 7:12 - 11:12
High Ridge - pitch 11:12 - 14:12
Other - custom size available
4 Timeless Colors
Similar to natural wood, CeDUR implements a proprietary color system designed to weather to a natural wood tone after the first 2-4 months of installation. CeDUR will naturally age with the sun after the first 2-4 months of installation, after that time period the color will set and remain constant over the life of the product.
Walden - Chocolate Brown
Walden is reminiscent of a 10-15 year old wood shake, the Chocolate Brown surname in accurate description of it's appearance. Walden is a tad bit darker in appearance when compared to Live Oak. Walden roofs give any property an authentic wood look that compliments any architectural style and color scheme.
Live Oak - Caramel Brown
Live Oak is reminiscent of a brand new traditional hand split cedar shake. It features a fresh cut lighter hue appearance and is emulated to look like a traditional light cedar wood. Live Oak roofs compliment darker tones very well, including tan, brown, dark gray and brick.
Shiloh - Charcoal Gray
Shiloh captures the authentic wood appearance of aged cedar shake that has endured a bit of natural sea moisture. The Charcoal Gray surname is a great descriptive color name for this beautiful product. Shiloh roofs compliments lighter tones very well, especially whites, light grays, and blues
Cool Roof Rated. Title 24 Compliant.
Golden Cedar features all the performance characteristics of CeDUR with the added benefit of being Cool Roof Rated.
GOLDEN CEDAR - COOL ROOF RATED Polyurethane shakes
The inspiration for the Golden Cedar product comes from the Cedrus deodara Aurea Golden, this tree species thrives in warmer climates, notably Southern California and the southern U.S. and is known for its eye catching golden colored leaves. Golden Cedar is similar in color tone to CeDUR Live Oak with less hints of honey brown and more hints of gold and yellow.
Golden Cedar is a Cool Roof Rated Product, making it perfect for use in California and Los Angeles County. A Cool Roof is one that strongly reflects sunlight and cools itself by efficiently emitting UV light back to its surroundings. The roof literally stays cooler and reduces the amount of heat conducted to the building below. The two basic characteristics that determine the "coolness" of a roof are solar reflectance and thermal emittance. Both properties are rated on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 is the most reflective or emissive.
Benefits of Golden Cedar:
- Title 24 Compliant
- The California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards are designed to ensure new and existing buildings achieve energy efficiency and preserve outdoor and indoor environmental quality. These measures (Title 24, Part 6) are listed in the California Code of Regulations.
- Higher insulation value, reduced air conditioning use, potential utility rebates, reduction in green house gas emissions, meeting building codes, and more.
- Our inherently insulative product characteristics paired with the Cool Roof Rating make your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Average energy savings range from 7-15% of total cooling costs.
Visit (http://coolroofs.org) for additional Cool Roof Rated information.
3 REASONS CEDUR IS YOUR BEST CHOICE
1. LASTING WOOD BEAUTY
No fading, cracking, warping, rotting, or risk of fire. Unlike wood, CeDUR does not discolor over time and our proprietary fire retardant technology and everlasting wood beauty compliments any property's architectural style and natural environment. Our 3/4" thickness and deep grain patterns gives your roof beautiful depth and shadows lines making it virtually indistinguishable from natural wood.
2. UNRIVALED DURABILITY
Lab tested and field approved, you can put your trust in CeDUR. We pass the industry's most difficult testing standards with regards to impact and fire resistance while maintaining a beautiful wood look.
3. LONGTERM VALUE
CeDUR gives any property beautiful curb appeal, increase in your home's insulation value, increase in home re-sale value, insurance savings, and longterm protection from nature's worst elements.